Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Top Chef....me?


Does anyone watch Top Chef on Bravo? It's one of the two shows I watch regulary...in fact, the intro music is on right now, so I'm going to make this a quicky blog....

I love cooking & baking. Probably more baking than cooking. I love to hear the words "saute".....and "roux"......and "olive oil". However, But, Alas (fill in whatever intro word that will alude to that fact that something stops me from doing what I love....) I seem to be in a cooking rut. And I hate those. Those weeks/months whatever where you feel like you are cooking the same thing, all the time, boring, boring, boring! Chicken this, chicken that, green beans this, green beans that.....throw in some mixed salad for added excitement and if I actually shred my own cheese? Man....I'm doing good.

I see my Southern Living magazines and promise myself that the next trip I take to the grocery store I WILL have a premade list in hand with all the items needed to make those specialty recipes. But a working mom tends to overpromise herself.

Maybe I need a new set of dishware to get the muses going? Tyler Florence has some great white ( I love all white!) serving dishes....
Or maybe I could find a fresh little garden stand to buy all the great vegetables I'm craving lately. What? Ideas? Am I the only one that gets in a cooking rut? Surely not.

Grace, Boog....it's chicken, mac&cheese, and green beans tonight. Again.

4 comments:

Keri said...

How about EVOO!
Try http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/FoodFamilyArchive/

I go here regularly to come up with something other than sphaghetti again. I also change or add ingredients to suit our tastes. I don't recommend any of the stir fry recipes though. Too bland.

The Garners said...

I'm no help at all. We had popcorn and cheese and apples AGAIN tonight...my favorite meal! Thankfully Lane likes it too, so I can get by with that. I always think the same thing about the list and the magazine recipes...and it never happens. I feel like it's a major accomplishment to make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich around here these days! :)

Juli said...

Ooooooh I ADORE Top Chef :) I've got quite a few go-to recipes, but we have spaghetti, pizza, build your own chalupas, and enchiladas usually each once a week. I get in such ruts, too. Then I start going through my recipes and get all inspired again, lol!

Heather said...

Love those white dishes..I strongly dislike all of the kitchen "stuff" we chose to register for when we got married. I hope to one day replace it all with everything fabulous that Willams Sonoma has to offer!! I don't watch Top Chef but think I would like it. I go to foodnetwork.com qutie often when I'm in a rut and need a PDeen fix.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs