Sunday, March 30, 2008

Two lessons learned....

1. Singing is a God-given, beautiful gift. A gift that is opened again & again with the same enthusiasm every time my friend and our pastor's wife, Jenna, sings into the microphone. It's a little disgusting, at times too, as it seems she doesn't even have to try! It's just a blessing to hear her. We're having a revival at our church over the next few nights, and Luke Garrett, another wonderful singer, has been stepping back and roaring his mighty voice into the crowd. I've never heard such a powerful singer. Wow....my lesson learned? See if I can return the gift of "mediocre cook" that God gave me and get that singing gift thing. I'd really like that better.

2. Children can be shocked, too. It's a small battle every night to get Grace to sleep. Not really, but there is a definite progression of "Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom..." "I need a drink of water..." "Mommy, I need you....." before she finally is quiet in her room. On some nights, it comes to, "If I have to come in there one more time, you're getting a spanking." To which, she usually quits asking for things. So tonight, it was the usual. The water, the bathroom.....and the random requests. I, frustrated a bit, told her in no uncertain terms to "not say another word. It was time for bed." .............................fast forward ten minutes. I had not seen her much of the day (church, I got a hair cut, revival, etc.) and my mommy-self realized that the "mean mommy" was not the last impression I wanted her to go to bed with. So cracking the door, I walked in....to which even in the dark, I could see her little eyes big and bright, wondering, "Am I in trouble? What's mommy doing in here? She just told me to go to bed?" ......I went up to her, kissed her, and said "I love you very much." I got a sweet reply and a really great hug. She was pretty shocked. Shocked and awed. I liked that.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Let's all try to get up early and spend time with the Lord before our day begins.....wow.....that sounds so easy.

3 comments:

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andi said...

I think blogging is your gift! I absolutely love reading it. I find myself praying sometimes for a singing voice, but I haven't been blessed with that yet...haha! Hope you have a great week. We need to get together soon, it has been awhile!

Anonymous said...

God has been inviting me to get up early and be with Him in the mornings for a litte while. He used this blog to remind me of that. He is so gracious and loving to meet me there!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs