Monday, May 25, 2009

I Got SOMETHING Done!

My one Memorial Day weekend project is finished! With more inspiration from The Lettered Cottage, I set out to refurbish a piece of furniture that I had found years ago at an antique shop. It used to have that old orangy-y color stain.....good bones, but nothing noteworthy.

I used some white paint, dark walnut stain, and a little elbow grease and voila! A new piece of furniture for the shack. I feel all accomplished!
A an old piece, sanded and stained....

A little drying time...

Painted & distressed....

Something old turned into something new!

6 comments:

The Allens said...

Wow! That's great!

Keri said...

Nice job!

The Garners said...

Love it!

Andi said...

Love it!!!

Jenna said...

wow! That looks great!

carolyn said...

I'm inspired!! It looks great- and SO professional.

I adore the Lettered Cottage- don't you wish she lived right next door??

 
Design by Deluxe Designs