Like anything, the last one proved to be the hardest. Her pulls apparently wanted to stay in their place....it took me nearly an hour just to clean & take off all the hardware! At first, I thought I would go classic white with this one. But then - nah! I'm bored with white. I'm ready for some color (Provence Blue) and some major distress!
Someone asked in the last post what I used to change the hardware color. All of these pieces had great hardware to begin with....the brassy gold just needed to go. I used these two products - Rust-oleum spraypaint in Oil rubbed bronze and finished with a spray poly.
Whew! All three pieces - done! Ready to go to W&T's today. This has been creatively fun.....these buffets are the exact pieces I love to work on: authentically old, great lines, and well made. Here's the trash pile of 3 days work ......lovely.