Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Really Hate....

...posting a blog without pictures. But when you've had no internet access or TV, and your waking moments are spent trying to solve issues that come up when moving, taking pictures of all the glorious moments of life takes a back seat.

We're moved. We're about 65% settled. We're sane again! These past, eh, six months have been very interesting to say the least. A stint with the in-laws proved to me, once again, that I have some of the best in-laws a girl could ever ask for. A decision to not build a home just yet proved to both Boog & I that we've actually learned something in our seven years of marriage. And a decision to enter into a new job field added to all of that wonderous equation.

"God's saying what? Job? In this economy? You must be joking. Ask Him again."

I'm quite sure those were my first words to my husband when he first voiced that quiet urging. Not exactly the words from a supportive, faith-filled wife. I honestly didn't know what to say. On one hand, in my own experiences, God has always provided for us. Always. Even in lean times, there would be a surprise check in the mail when needed.....or a job when needed....or career doors would open when needed. I quit my last job in advertising without so much as an inkling of a prospect in the teaching field. As soon as I told my boss my intentions, I got a phone call from my now principal an hour later, setting up an interview. Talk about stepping out in faith!

But when my husband told me that he was feeling the need to be in a place where he can make the most impact for Christ on youth - teaching - wow. I had one foot out the faith door, and one foot grasping by my toenails, hanging on for dear life. There were so many questions. I drilled him again and again and again on questions like "Are you sure this isn't a move to another church position? Or a different town?" , "Do you realize that teaching can be a grueling, thankless job sometimes?", "What if you don't get a job?"......the questions went on and on. They didn't exactly make me look like I trusted my husband or God.

Needless to say, God again, proved that my practical look on life is such a small, small, small, small, small way to look at what He has planned for us. Henry David Throeau once said, "Go confidently in the directions of your dream. Live the life you've imagined." (I've got to get better at that confidence part.)

So starting this fall, Boog will leave his youth pastor position to go be amongst the youth even more. He'll teach and coach at the highschool in my school district. I know my husband, and he'll show those kids what it looks like to be a Godly man. And he'll show it with a coach's face, I guess! Pray for his first year, please. Pray that he will follow the directions God gave him - to be a light among the lost, someone different than the rest.

A picture-filled blog will come next....let me get my house in the 80% functioning capacity first!

0 comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs