Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Steady She Goes


I just finished sewing my first set of drapes for the shack's window treatments. I'm not a super-experienced seamstress at all, but I am a picky about fabric.....so thus, I make the best of what little skills in sewing that I have. I should write a book
"If Flo Can Sew...Sew Can You!"


Isn't She Pretty?

And finally, my love of all things old, beaten up, or salvaged...I scored this little ditty at another antique shop outting. There's something about antique shops. My heart flutters a little everytime I go into one, because usually there's always at least one thing - even if it's just a tiny little plate - that I end up loving. And if I love it, I'll find a place for it in my home....

I imagine this Campbell Soup box holding my laundry detergents....or stacks of Southern Livings ....or guest towels....who knows!

3 comments:

The Allens said...

I LOVE the campbell's soup box - my house has many items like that!

The Garners said...

The soup box is great--can't wait to see how you use it in your home--I'm sure it will be super cute!

carolyn said...

Can't wait to see the finished curtains!

Love the box, and feel the exact same way about antique stores- wish the hubs did too (I hear about couples who adore antiquing together and I am so envious....)

Hope your move goes smoothly.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs